Where To Put Detergent And Softener In Washing Machine
To properly add detergent and fabric softener to your washing machine, follow these detailed steps:
1. Locate the detergent drawer: The detergent drawer is usually located on the top or front panel of the washing machine. It typically consists of multiple compartments labeled with symbols or text.
2. Identify the compartments: The detergent drawer may have separate compartments for different types of washing aids. Common compartments include the main wash, prewash, and softener compartments. Refer to your washing machine’s user manual for specific compartment labels and their corresponding functions.
3. Main wash compartment: This compartment is intended for adding detergent for the main wash cycle. It is also suitable for adding water softeners, pre-soaking agents, bleach, and stain removers. Check the symbol or label indicating the main wash compartment.
4. Softener compartment: The softener compartment is specifically designed for fabric softener. Look for the symbol or text indicating the softener compartment. It is important not to fill this compartment beyond the line indicated by “MAX.” Exceeding this line may cause overflow during the rinse cycle.
5. Prewash compartment: Some washing machines have a separate compartment labeled for prewash or starch. If your machine has this compartment, refer to the symbol or text indicating the prewash compartment for adding prewash detergent or starch.
6. Add the detergent: Measure the appropriate amount of detergent according to the manufacturer’s instructions based on the load size and level of dirtiness. Pour the detergent into the main wash compartment.
7. Add the fabric softener: Measure the recommended amount of fabric softener based on the product instructions. Pour the fabric softener into the designated softener compartment. Ensure that you do not exceed the maximum fill line indicated by “MAX.”
8. Close the detergent drawer: After adding the detergent and fabric softener, gently slide the detergent drawer back into its original position until it locks securely in place.
Please note that the specific layout and labeling of the detergent drawer may vary depending on the make and model of your washing machine. Always refer to your washing machine’s user manual for detailed instructions and any specific guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
Following these steps will help ensure that the detergent and fabric softener are added correctly, resulting in clean and soft laundry.